Friday, November 28, 2008

Holiday Demotivation

Dear All,

I am engaging in a time-honored tradition: holiday procrastination.

In sixteen hours I will have a house full of people. I have not started cooking yet. There are some things that you can do ahead of time, for example the side dishes. I can't even bear to look in my refrigerator.

I have done a certain amount of cleaning. For some reason I can look at a dirty room and fix it while I can't look at bag of carrots and fix them. The problem with doing too much cleaning too far in advance is that things get dirty again. Still, better recently clean than not clean at all.

I just wish that I weren't so damn nauseated and tired. These are side-effects of my weight, age and some of the drugs that I take. I wouldn't mind twice as much nausea some other day, to pay for my lack of nausea today, just so that I could look at the food I need to prepare without wanting to puke.

If I can just get this stuff done, my get-together promises to be really fun.

Sincerely,
Betsy

No comments: